Tuesday, May 10, 2011
A moment of truth
Love is easy to be said than to be done.
Yesterday I was wobbly and sickly but still determined to send all the badges out (all 8 packages of them). Peki came after servicing his car and he sent me to the nearest clinic. It took an hour just to wait for the after school traffic to subside and for the nurse to call my name in, but I think that's all it takes for me to see how much patience he has in store. The doctor is an ethical one, he prescribed the right meds.
Later we went to Tesco to mail the stuff. The post office was crowded. I tried to cut in to buy the envelopes, but he, the patient one took a number and waited silently. Seeing him, I guiltily fell into the line. When we've gotten all the envelopes, he wrote on all the 'senders' sheet a full copy of the house address.
We got home, I took some porridge and he started breaking the medicine pills into half. He then filled a cup of warm water and asked me to drink up and take the charcoal tablet. I then napped a bit and he set an alarm just to wake me up to take the remainder of the meds.
After sleeping for an hour, the alarm rang and he went downstairs to get the meds for me. He later fed me the meds while I was in bed, still woozy from the previous pill. I then slept for another hour knowing that I'm in good hands.
In the end of times like this, I wish I could savor every moment with him. Loving him and having him by my side when I need him is the most I could wish for, even when tomorrow might be the last day we're here on earth.