May you always have work for your hands to do. May your pocket hold always a coin or two. May the sun shine bright on your windowpane. May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain. May the hand of a friend always be near you. And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you. I hope you find contentment. Maybe not swiftly, but surely.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Comparison

1. Air
Klang~ Polluted, foggy and virus friendly
Ipoh~ fresh, clean and clear
2. Scenery
Klang~ Buildings (unfinished) everywhere, wastelands, vandalized parks
Ipoh~ Trees and mountains, picture perfect dawn and dusk
3. People
Klang~ Materialistic, cheapskate and arrogant
Ipoh~ Down-to-earth, contented and humble (and good looking!)
4. Traffic
Klang~ A short distance that takes ages to cross
Ipoh~ Roads are broad and nice to drive through
5. Freedom
Klang~ Nagging nonstop, house chores and financial responsibility (who think I'm still a kid)
Ipoh~ Friends who treat you as an equal, not as someone more empowered
6. Friends
Klang~ All have forgotten about me
Ipoh~ Good friends who I missed
7. Bus Rides
Klang~ Teeming with foreigners whom would possibly poke you with a knife
Ipoh~ Great service eventhough they are rusty and crankling
8. Crime Rates
Klang~ Kill, rape, snatch and break in. Everything goes for this corrupted city.
Ipoh~ Slow-paced, less hectic town with a peaceful ambience
9. Water
Klang~ Sewer water reproduced
Ipoh~ From the mountains!
10. Drivers
Klang~ Gangsters, freakos and insanios
Ipoh~ Would have never seen an Ipoh driver who drives like Klang people
11. Road Conditions
Klang~ Lots of holes and traps, the land can't hold up any longer
Ipoh~ Smooth and smooch
12. Shopping Malls
Klang~ Walk so fast I might tropple over three person at once, or outfits so funky I have no
idea what year I'm in
Ipoh~ Family outings and laughter, without building cracks and overcharged parking
13. Food
Klang~ If its not to fulfil my tummy, I would choose not to eat
Ipoh~ Great food, GREAT FOOD, with a reasonable price
14. Me
Klang~ Cranky, old, trapped and unhappy
Ipoh~ Free, independent and less destructive comments and killjoy happenings

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous Bystander said...
    does all the frens in klang really forget bout u? n which group of driver do i belong to? lolglad that u started to blog.
    hushbabbie said...
    thanks for dropping by

    I still have a few friends, but less then I can count. You drive like a mad man. Lol...but nonetheless driven superbly well.

    I'm glad too. Just to vent my feelings a bit.

Post a Comment