May you always have work for your hands to do. May your pocket hold always a coin or two. May the sun shine bright on your windowpane. May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain. May the hand of a friend always be near you. And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you. I hope you find contentment. Maybe not swiftly, but surely.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

shingles

Shingles, also as known as snake in mandarin terms, is a kind of herpes virus that is airborne. Mom got it that day when she was busy with her contract and the deprivation of sleep for 3 nights. Partially her immune system was the weakest at that time, exposed to kids with chicken pox is another.

I got it since someone left the grid line of the aircraft. The rashes were unusually stubborn, and soon developed into pain in patches of the right limb. It felt like PMS pain and nerves on flame within every inch of the muscle.

The initial doctor refused to prescribe me any meds since the blister that popped up on my back wasn't clear enough to label as shingles, so I dragged another two days in utter AGONY. Then I was glad when the second doc did gave me antivirals and pain killers which led me to total bliss.

The culprit of the disease I believe was sleepless nights and depressed stressful emotion. I shouldn't had gotten myself in such a big mess in the first place, but all is done and all is good. I'm pretty glad for how the center had turned out to be, mom able to sleep soundly and I'm able to save some money from paying rental fees, although the journey is pretty long winded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment